How to Help
Do you love animals? Do you love the feeling of satisfaction that comes with saving the life of an abandoned animal? Do you find yourself asking How can I make a difference? Well look no further!
As San Francisco's largest cat rescue organization, Give Me Shelter is always striving to expand its reach and success in rescuing as many cats as possible from death row. In order to do this, we need cat-savvy, fun-loving, high-energy people like you to volunteer! The work is fun and the rewards are tremendous!
Adoption and Volunteer Locations
- Petco, 1591 Sloat Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94132 [map]
- Petco, 2300 16th St, San Francisco, CA 94103 [map]
Feline Caretaker Responsibilities
- Clean up to 8 cages
- Interact and play with 3-10 cats outside of their cages
- Interact with the public and answer questions
- Must be familiar with cats and be comfortable handling them
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must find a substitute GMS volunteer if unable to fulfill a scheduled task
Time CommitmentAt least one shift per month - Shifts can vary from 30 minutes to 5 hours depending on the number of cats
- Administrative help with our database, mailings etc.
- Help with planning & promoting fundraising events.
- Long term/short term fostering. Our save rate highly depends on how many foster homes we have. More fosters = more lives saved.
Donate Items from our Wish List
Donate an item from our wish list:
- Cat beds
- Canned cat and kitten food (Fancy Feast)
- Cat Carriers
- New Scratching posts
- New Cat toys
All donations are tax-deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (EIN 20-1685522), and receipts are available upon request.
EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
PETCO, SLOAT BLVD
PETCO, POTRERO CENTER